Code of Conduct
One of the fundamental principles of the Heidelberg Laureate Forum Foundation (HLFF) is to provide a space that protects and encourages the open exchange of ideas, considerate scientific debate as well as freedom of thought and expression. This can only be achieved in a community where the dignity and innate worth of every person is acknowledged and upheld.
By attending the Heidelberg Laureate Forum and any other events or activities organized by the HLFF, all staff, partners, guests, participants and visitors agree to follow the HLFF’s code of conduct. Violations of the code of conduct will not be tolerated.
Violations of our code of conduct
These include, but are not limited to:
- Discrimination based on gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, ethnicity, religious (or nonreligious) affiliation, politics or other personal characteristics
- Intimidation, harassment, bullying, personal attacks, demeaning speech or vulgar exchanges
- Sexual harassment, harassing photographing or recording, inappropriate physical contact
- Repeated and/or sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Advocating war, aggression or the use of force
- Unsolicited commercial advertising
This code applies equally to both in-person and digital interaction, including social media.
What to do in case of violation
If you experience any violation of the code of conduct or if you have any other concerns or questions about it, please email us at email@example.com as soon as possible. All reports will be treated as strictly confidential.
Consequences of violations
Violations of the code of conduct are taken seriously, and the HLFF may take what it considers suitable actions in response, which can range from a verbal warning or ejection from an event to permanent expulsion from HLFF activities.
Our code of conduct is foundational to the success of our objective and is built on collective respect for one another. We invite everyone to help create a safe and positive experience at all HLFF events.